Ever read those books as a kid?
I LOVED this collection of stories, and must have read it one hundred times when I was a child.
Today, Brisbane reminds of me of New York, and not in a good way. It’s cold, windy, rainy, and all around icky. Can’t wait for tomorrow, when Chewbacca finally arrives!
A few days ago, when I still wasn’t feeling so hot, Anthony did what any totally phenomenal partner would do – he made me chicken soup. I tell you, it was perfect. It tasted very similar to my grandma’s, but was so much easier and quicker as it involved chicken breast rather than the whole bird. (The whole bird version is still the best, in my opinion.)
It’s his mom’s recipe, and it’s a winner. She normally puts noodles in, but we didn’t have any. So, he sliced the onion up really thin and made onion noodles! Not quite as good as pasta, but still yummy.
Recipe: Easy Breezy Chicken Soup
Prep-time: 30 minutes
Cook-time: 1hr – 1hr 30 minutes
Grain-free, sugar-free, corn-free
- 3 litres of chicken stock
- 6 stalks celery, roughly chopped
- 3-4 carrots, roughly chopped
- 2-3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (or thighs)
- onions, thinly sliced
- Combined all ingredients in a large pot.
- Bring to boil, then reduce to simmer.
- When soup is done, remove chicken, chop up, and return to pot.