Somehow, it seems that whenever I write a really long post, particular with a recipe, Ecto deletes it.
So, here it goes again. Le sigh.
Well, at least the recipe bears repeating!
Perfect for freezing, loaded with vegetables, vegan and protein-packed, this recipe is fantastic, if I do say so myself.
6 Vegetable Coconut Curry
Vegan, gluten-free, corn-free, grain-free
Recipe by Kat Reiner
Prep-time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 lb butternut squash, cubed
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 head broccoli, chopped
- 2 parsnips
- 1.5 cups red lentils
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 400 ml lite coconut milk
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp cumin
- Preheat skillet or electric skillet. Spray with oil.
- Sautee onions and garlic until golden, about 5 minutes.
- Add spices, cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add all remaining ingredients save for pepper and broccoli, and bring liquid to a boil. Reduce to simmer, partially cover, and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add pepper and broccoli, stir.
- Cook for 15-20 more minutes, until lentils are cooked through.
- Let cool slightly, serve, or dish out into freezer portions. Enjoy!